EMOTIONS DRIVE SALES
The world of marketing has undergone rapid change. Many industries are left out. Take solicitors, accountants and administrators for example. Most of their websites are video free. Some consider a video to be a space that best taken up with information about what they do rather than an opportunity to convert a lead to a paying customer.
Your heart should tell you that potential customers are persuaded by one or more of the 37 major human emotions. It’s probably just 7 of them that really matter in most cases. These emotions are:
These are what will persuade a potential visitor to your website to use your service rather than someone else.
Why? Because we all want to be part of something that provides us security; we want to remove fear; if we are guilty it is likely we don’t wish to admit to it, so we will seek a method to make us feel better; if we are not guilty we want someone on our side. We want to trust the person looking after our interests. We want to feel that they have our same moral or ethical values, or at least share common beliefs; and above all we want success.
These emotions are what will gain you customers whilst others boast using statistics and boring maths.
Maths and statistics are not boring at all. In fact we use them all the time to drive sales for our customers.
The statistics show how useful video advertisements can be if handled properly. Let’s take a look at just a few:-
- 92% of B2B consume video online
- 4 billion videos are watched on YouTube everyday
- 1 in 3 will purchase a product or service after viewing a videoad
- If you target mobile phones keep the advert to below 30 seconds or it won’t be watched
- 700 videos are shared on Twitter every minute
- Search engines love video that’s why YouTube is owned by Google
- You can tell everything your potential customer wants to know in a short time
- You can make longer videos for conferences which help you build your brand
- You can measure the success of a video on your website easily using ready made online tools that are provided free of charge
If you do business with other businesses, you need to have something to attract them that is outstanding. It’s not going to be a static website. Everyone has that now. Brand awareness is extremely important. That’s why corporate videos are so important. They can be longer than the ones you put on your website. However, when you just want leads from Facebook you have to make videos quick and short and catchy. The need for quirkiness is vital to hook the client. The fact that videos can be shared rapidly means if they are a funny, quirky or entertaining, they will be shared for free. You obtain free advertising that way for no extra cost. This is why video is the future.
THE STRATEGIC REASONS
If these weren’t powerful enough reasons for you to be using video by now, then let’s look at some other reasons.
I call these the strategic reasons to why your business needs to use video:
- Vision is our dominant sense
- Sound is our contributory sense
- Our brain judges people extremely well. That’s why good acting is so important
- 83% of businesses say videos have an excellent ROI
- Initial contact
- Interaction (which some companies like us can also provide interactive video)
- Builds long-term trust
- Makes them realise that you are different
Why are these important?
Humans buy things because of three main things: you provide a valuable proposition that they cannot find anywhere else; that what you offer is different to your competitors and the video can tell them this not only in words but using actors or your own staff, however you prefer. Finally that a video makes you come across as a market leader, which means that it ticks that very important human emotion of leadership.
We don’t just make videos. We offer a rounded package that looks at the entire picture. We analyse your business to see how our videos can make a difference and advice you as your consultant on how to proceed.
Contact us to find out more.